Posted on February 17, 2018
Are you one of those slightly unfortunate people living in a geographic location close to the poles? If so then you are one of those who get extremely pleased on those days of the year when there is just about a bit of sun heat around, and you spend the rest of the year thinking how to keep yourself warm yet sexy.
The biggest problem which people like you face, if they are fashion- conscious, is with their dress. In the intense cold they don’t have much of a choice when it comes to dressing. However all is not that gloomy. If you are fashion conscious and like millions of the people around want to look good then you would soon turn your warm clothes into a style statement. You see nobody made a rule that warm clothes cannot be stylist and sexy.
Talking about warm clothes the first thing which comes to anybody’s mind is leather. If you are used to wearing lambskin leather then there is nothing more left for us to tell you. However if you are unaccustomed to wearing this fine category of clothing then there is much that you have lost on. Leather is very warm and soft. It is also amazingly sexy. Yes. Leather wear is very sexy. It doesn’t matter how your shape is, when you wear leather your body automatically get a very firm and curvy shape. There is an accentuation which your body gets under leather. Added to that leather is shiny. This means that you will not look dull no matter how colorless the rest of your dresses are.
If you are having genuine leather garments then there is need for you to take care of it. Followings are few ways of doing so.
o Polish: yes, this is the most important part you need to religiously do in order to keep your leather wear in good shape. This is what most people don’t do. But you must understand that if you don’t polish your leather it will not get any moisture and lose its shine very soon!!
o Watch out: when buying the polish make sure that you are not taking a polish which has mineral or petroleum in it and above all avoid polishes with coloring agents. Polishes are important for your leather but you must choose that right one else you will only be left with patchy stains of those expensive leather wears. Also try to avoid heavy and greasy polishes since they too are not good for your leather wear.
o No wax and silicon please: this is another thing which you will have to stay away from if you want keep that leather wear of yours in good shape. Animal fats such as mink oil etc. can be used but they have their own disadvantage. What is that? Well these oils tend to clog the pores of the leather and not just that, they also make the color of the leather a lot darker. So you will find yourself flaunting new colors of the same dress everyday!!
o Stay away from moisture: like all the above mentioned things, moisture too is not good for your leather wear. So better stay away from snow and rain. And if you by chance get them on your leather then make immediate efforts to dry the dress completely unless you want ugly patches on your expensive lovely leather wear!!
Now you are quite educated about taking care of leather wear. So what are you waiting for? Better make up for the neglect you have subjected your leather wear to for all these years.
Posted on February 16, 2018
Motorcycle accidents are one of the major causes of ugly scenes on our highways and other roads. They are responsible for deaths, fatal injuries and life long disabilities. A sad to note fact is that such accidents have been on a steady rise as though nothing can be done to tame them. It is surprising how many motorcycle users fall prey to the same mistakes that have been causing accidents day in day out. What every motorcyclist needs to know is that the responsibility of reducing or avoiding motorcycle accidents all together lies with every individual that uses the motorcycle and the others who use the road such as motor vehicle drivers and pedestrians. Before you look at the other person for blame, look at what you can do yourself to stop the menace. Here are a few tips that you can use to avoid this annoying trend.
When you are riding a motorcycle on the roads, make sure that you are well visible especially by the motor vehicle drivers and the pedestrians. This is the best way through which you can reduce motorcycle accidents as each road user will be able to see you clearly. To achieve this, you should make sure that you use bright colors for your clothing when riding on your motorcycle. This is important especially when using the roads at night. You should also use your headlight to enhance your visibility.
Make Your Communications Clear
When changing lanes, taking on a new direction or slowing down to stop, make sure that the other road users read and understand your intentions well. This is where you will need to apply the correct use of your indicators and signals. Keep the correct lane position and make sure your brake light is functioning well.
Do Not Trail Closely
It is a risky behavior to follow other vehicles from a very close range. You never know what to expect from the vehicle ahead of you and you may find yourself in an uncontrollable situation when they brake suddenly. Also make sure that when you are overtaking, you keep a reasonable space between you and the other road user who you are overtaking.
Watch For Roadsigns
These signs usually do a good job in guiding road users. Ignoring them or dismissing the directions indicated on them is one of the most stupid things you can do if you are looking to avoid motorcycle accidents. You should keep within the specified speed limit of the section of the road on which you are riding and be alert for any sudden actions that could lead into a motorcycle accident. You should be always prepared to avert any sudden danger and avoid an accident.
Revise Your Course
Make it a habit of going through your motorcycle riding course more often so that the ideas will always remain fresh in your mind. This way, you will keep on refreshing your knowledge of riding your motorcycle and be able to avoid silly mistakes that can easily lead motorcycle accidents.
Posted on February 15, 2018
Removing rust from your motorcycle and the parts associated with it allows you to keep the bike’s quality and aesthetics intact. Preventive treatment to ensure an object from rusting again is essential. For these actions to be undertaken, you need to be in a dry area, you will need good products and plenty of elbow grease.
If you already have a motorcycle that is experiencing some rust issues, follow these helpful tips to ensure your bike returns to its former glory.
1. Cleaning – The first step in any cleaning process is to wipe down the affected areas. You can do this by using motorcycle shampoos with water and then take a rag and wipe off the area.
2. Removing the rust – To remove any present rust, start off by cleaning the etched surface. If it is a large flat surface, you can use a sander on low speed. The sander disc or strip should be equipped with a grinding wheel, just in case. Remove any loose paint that you see by using a normal household spatula (just don’t put it back in the kitchen when you are done). You can also remove rust with a wire brush on surfaces that seem irregular or are difficult to access. You always want to start with a wire brush or steel wool. After this step, vacuum the dust away before proceeding. Be careful that you don’t sand off or rub off paint, however, as this can leave ugly marks and patches on your bike’s surface.
3. How to remove rust – To clean a rusty surface, you can also use anti-rust products. They apply by brush or spray. They alter the composition of the rust and destroy any present rust and will also help deter future rust. These products often avoid tedious sanding and scraping of a rusty object.
4. Prevent the recurrence of rust – Treat your bike so you can prevent it from becoming rusty again. Many products prevent the recurrence of rust. Paints with lead oxide apply as a normal paint. We call them anti-corrosive primers. Other products can paint the metal, although it is still a little rusty. Also try covering your bike when not in use. While a motorcycle cover can’t prevent rust, it can help present excess moisture and harmful debris from collecting on it.
5. Regularly treat the rusted objects – Repeat this process of treatment about every two years on your motorcycle or earlier, if needed.
Regular maintenance and care can help reduce the amount of rust that collects on your bike. While motorcycle covers and rust resistant paint coatings are not cure-alls, they will help reduce rust that occurs as well as help make the cleaning process easier.